samedi 8 novembre 2008

So many women singers...

I don't know why, but most often these days I tend to buy exclusively CDs from women singers. Be my witness:


the canadian Pascale Picard
(very cool sound, really enjoyable)
the icelandic Emilíana Torrini
(same comment)
Colbie Caillat
(I know it's not so new but still pleasant)

the french first lady Carla Bruni
(in the same spirit as its first shot)
the french-israeli Yale Naim
(nice voice, lyrics and rythm in three different languages)
the currently unavoidable Amy Macdonald
(again not so new, but in France, we are not so quick to catch the train...)

In fact, among the last 8 CDs I bought in the last 2 months, these 6 ladies contribute to 75% of my acquisitions. The rest is made of:
  • My favorite french Pop singer: Bénabar (I think this is the only artist I buy the CDs without even pre-listening to)
  • a very successful trial with Fleet Foxes (some reminiscence from Simon & Garfunkel mixed with a little from the Pink Floyd)

And if look forward, the next 4 potential CDs encompass 2 women singers...
And the fact is that the more I become aware of this trend, the more I get influenced by it!
Please Mr Freud, tell me more about that...

1 commentaire:

Herve a dit…

Ilte manque EVe Cassidy